In the past there has been confusion about this assignment so let's clear up one important point right here at the start. This assignment is for an ORIGINAL website with your content and graphics.
The Birds and Bananas lesson that you just completed does not count for this assignment. This assignment is DISTINCT. You are welcome to draw CSS and HTML resources from the Birds and Bananas lesson, but use different pictures.
This site does not have to be especially fancy, 1 but must have the following features:
1. Content formatted with div tags that are styled with css.
2. Css must be in external stylesheet.
3. All three pages MUST be linked together so that the user can always reach the other two pages from any given page.
4. Links should be styled with css, should NOT be underlined, and have a background that changes color when the link is rolled over. Links must be a consistent font and font size in both rollover and 'static' state.
5. Demonstrate use of background colors for div tags and the body. In other words, the body and div tags should have different background colors. Do NOT use the background image from the previous lesson!
6. Each page should have at least two pictures with text (filler text is fine). The text should wrap around the images or, alternatively, you can use div tags to integrate the text and pictures in a nice way. Mainly, I am looking for evidence of attention to detail.
8. Each page should have an original title (ie. between the <title> </title> tags).
9. Pictures should appear in their actual size. Ie. don't insert a huge picture and change its display size to something smaller. Use an image editor instead to make pictures that are sized correctly before you add them to a webpage.
8. While it is okay to have similarities with your Birds and Bananas assignment, try and make it look unique. Show what you can do with div tags. Prove that you know how to modify styling to make it look nice. Again, we're not expecting a work of art here considering this is your first site, but make it as nice as you can.
it's your first one ↩